Brickd

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jsquared, Apr 12, 2010.

1. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

From all my experience with with iPhones I was under the impression that actually Bricking a phone was a slim possibility. And yes I've read and tried everything I could to get this to work....

My mom gave me her 8gig 3G with a broken LCD. I successfully replaced the LCD and it was working but needed to be charged. I was doing the reset to factory settings to remove my mom's crap so I could sell it. I had the white apple logo with the status bar underneath about halfway when the phone died. For a couple hours, when you pressed the power button, it would show the battery with the one red line, the lighting bolt and the charger. I charged it overnight and now nothing....Won't turn on, won't DFU, can't hold home and plug in, restart computer with phone in....nothing. I've LCD apart and put it back on, nothing....

Is this it for this phone? Anyone wanna buy it for parts lol?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like a hardware issue.
    Something got messed up in the there when you took it apart.

3. jsquared thread starter macrumors 6502

jsquared

So that's it? No way to fix it? The weird thing was, after I replaced the LCD it worked fine. I feel like it fried itself while restoring to factory and the battery died.....I supposed I'll take the LCD and glass off it and fix someone else's phone?

4. Bdubb macrumors regular

Bdubb

I have a dismantled old iphone 2G sitting around on my book shelf, it's a sad, tragic sight to look at every other day...but I feel your pain, don't worry about it..Sh.#! happens.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can also send it to a professional repair shop for iphones or bring it to Apple for an out of warranty $200 replacement.