bricked 1.0.2 anyone help please?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by neveleven, Nov 16, 2007.

1. neveleven macrumors member

neveleven

I needed to restore my 1.0.2, I followed the instructions and pressed and held option and restore, then clicked the 1.0.2 version, then 2 mins later i had a bricked iphone! Sweet. I bought the phone on the internet pre-unlocked and it came with an AT&T card in the sim tray so I presume this was used for the method of unlocking. With that info could anyone PLEASE help or advise if I have an option of getting my phone back to normal or if I should just put it down to experience!

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

What exactly do you mean brick.....what does the phone say?

3. neveleven thread starter macrumors member

neveleven

Hi, it says 'Activate iPhone' and also 'insert an unlocked and valid SIM to activate iPhone'. Does this help?

4. gallinger macrumors regular

you just need to activate your iphone. its not bricked search google for activating the 1.0.2 firmware!!!

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

This is more than likely a bricked phone, which will say that message you are seeing on that screen. There are some methods for unbricking you phone on the net.

The problem with this situation even if you bought it that way, Apple does not have to help you in any way. It's up to the genius at the time.

jon

6. neveleven thread starter macrumors member

neveleven

Thanks, but bit more confused now. Who is right please anyone?

7. ghostshadow777 macrumors member

ghostshadow777

You have a phone with the 0049x IMEI #. That's what happens when you upgrade to 1.1.1 when you have an unlocked 1.0.2 with Anysim 1.0 or iUnlock 1.0. At the home screen, where it says "insert a valid and activated sim card," next to it is an italicized "i", tap it, you will see the 0049x imei number. You need to virginize your phone first. http://modmyifone.com/wiki/index.php/Downgrade_Baseband_1.1.1_to_1.0.2_OSX
    Then you can upgrade to 1.1.1 via itunes. After that, you can jailbreak it http://www.modmyifone.com/wiki/index.php/Jailbreak_the_iPhone_1.1.1_out_of_the_box

8. neveleven thread starter macrumors member

neveleven

Thanks for that ghostshadow777, I'll give it a try.

9. neveleven thread starter macrumors member

neveleven

the imei no is 01 13000 000000 7 and not 0049x.. Does this make a difference?

10. mikeinmontreal macrumors member

You're not bricked then. The same thing happened to me when I updated an unlocked iPhone with 1.0.1 and then updated to 1.0.2. Go to http://i.unlock.no and follow the instructions there. If you have a Mac, you can reactivate it with independence and your phone will still be unlocked.

11. neveleven thread starter macrumors member

neveleven

Thanks Mikeinmontreal, which heading of that link you gave me do i start from?

12. mikeinmontreal macrumors member

Start with this: Bypass activation and prepare phone for software installation

This way you will be activated once again and you can verify if your phone is still unlocked.

Then here: How to "Virginize" an unlocked phone before update to 1.1.1;

if you want to update to 1.1.1. If you want to stay on 1.0.2, you should be fine.

13. ghostshadow777 macrumors member

ghostshadow777

Good then, you are not in bad shape, you should try to delete your post with your imei shown, probably not a good idea having it out on the world wide web.

14. neveleven thread starter macrumors member

neveleven

Phew what a long night! Thanks to all who helped, Haven't a clue how I did it apart from following your advice, but seems I'm now on 1.1.1 and up and running again, and need a beer!:)