Bricked 1.1.1 - restored - how to reunlock?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by EvryDayImShufln, Nov 14, 2007.

1. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Hey guys I'm trying to fix some guys iPhone, it only shows the activation screen and cannot be jailbroken by independence since it was already unlocked (before he mistakenly did a restore). Does anybody know a workaround to this? Maybe a way to revirginize it? The independence revirginize doesn't work either since it's 1.1.1, and I can't jailbreak it anyhow.

Any ideas?

Any help is very appreciated! Thanks!

2. Midgetinabikini macrumors regular

Yes,

Try restore it with Itunes to 1.0.2, and then try to use iNdependence to return to activated 1.1.1, this should work...

3. EvryDayImShufln thread starter macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

You're sure about this? I don't want to screw it up to the point where he'll blame me for breaking it lol.

4. EvryDayImShufln thread starter macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Any other ideas on this? I don't want to blindly update through itunes when I've heard bad things about mismatched firmwares/basebands.

5. EvryDayImShufln thread starter macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Unfortunately that does not work either, since the phone was 1.1.1 unlocked and got jailed when the idiot restored it. There must be SOME way of fixing it, surely he's not the only person in the world who restored a 1.1.1 phone by accident.

THe problem is that jailbreakme doesn't work because the phone is not factory fresh. Also, independence doesn't work for the same reasons.

6. Midgetinabikini macrumors regular

so restore to baseband before going back to 1.1.1