Bricked an iPhone 4 Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Satellitecentra, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Satellitecentra macrumors newbie

OK Guys a little help if i can get it
    Situation is , I was helping a friend yesterday get started with her week old iPhone 4 , we installed iTunes 10 on her Windows XP PC , with no issues and then connected her iPhone to the PC, it was recognised in iTunes and i checked for the update to the latest IOS4 .
    The upgrade began , we waited and it finished with an "Unknown Error Has Occurred"

We disconnected the phone , Re booted it, restarted the computer, but the iPhone is stuck with the screen asking to "Connect to iTunes logo , no matter what i do.

I have held the power and Home buttons , and it turns off then on again , still with the same screen , I connect it to the USB Cable, same screen , Tried another cable , same thing , tried different USB Ports no good.

From what i can find out here and the net its stuck in this mode, i cant get it out at all.
    I,ve tried RecBoot, which wont run at all to kick it out of the mode

My question is , Her computer is Windows XP , I have a Macbook with my itunes all working fine and my iPhone and iPad sync to fine,
    Can i use my mac to do a factory restore to her stuck phone , as its a week old and has virtually nothing on it , its no big loss.
    If i can get it Restored an booting again that's all we need

2. kingkunal macrumors newbie

Bricked

Take it to Apple, they will give her a new one.

3. Satellitecentra thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to you guys that responded ,
    iPhone fully restored , no need to get it replaced :)

4. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

Bricked.....no such thing!

OP it doesnt matter who's computer you use to restore it with. it will work on any computer not just the owner of the iPhone. glad you fixed it!