Bricked iphone 2g, help!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by adiemask, Nov 30, 2008.

1. adiemask macrumors member

I have an unlocked 2g iphone and was hoping to clear all the data so I used 'Reset, Erase all content and Settings' now my phone is stuck on the pineapple logo and I can't get past this. If I connect via the USB cable to my mac the phone isn't even seen by the computer let alone Itunes or Quickpwn. I have tried rebooting the phone but I only get to the pineapple logo. Is there anything I can do to get my phone back?

2. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Do a DFU Restore.

3. adiemask thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Andybilla but how do I do that? On booting my phone gets to the pineapple logo and stops, there is no response from my computer (it doesn't know I've plugged in the USB cable). :(

4. mohicanspap macrumors regular

For DFU mode: Turn iPhone off. Hold down power and home buttons for ten seconds. Release power button abd remain holding home button for ten more seconds. Then plug into computer and open iTunes. Itunes should say something like iPod/iPhone in recovery mode and then try a restore. Good Luck

5. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

its really easy but hopefully your not doing this on the new macbooks any who you just hold the sleep/wake button and home button until the screen goes blank then release the sleep/wake button but keep holding the home button until your computer recognizes the phone in dfu mode

6. creyes2010 macrumors newbie

creyes2010

okay so i have a problem semiliar to her/him. my iphone is stuck and when i press both the home button and the power button to put it on recovery mode my pc doesn't find it and instead of the itunes logo and usb cable show up on the screen a guy with his hands up saying bravo in roman appears what should i do:(:apple::confused:

7. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

This is what you need to do:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpinyGlQ8I