bricked iphone 4 wont restore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sweettooth246, Nov 28, 2011.

1. sweettooth246 macrumors newbie

my iphone was working perfectly fine until i decided to switch my cracked screen. After the repair was finished my phone wouldnt turn on unless plugged in and is stuck in a recovery loop i have tried literally everything from hard resets to putting it in dfu mode on different softwares and nothing is working. i am trying to avoid taking it to apple because this phone was given to me after someone shattered the screen.
    Thank You for any Suggestions!!

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Pointless taking it to Apple anyway as you've already cracked it open.

3. sweettooth246 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. TeeHeee macrumors newbie

The instant u crack open ur iPhone,Ur warranty has been void.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

Clearly something got broken/unplugged during the repair. If you paid someone else to do the repair, then they should be fixing things.

Apple has a $149 replacement/repair program for out of warranty service on previous generation iPhones. (assuming you're in the US, elsewhere YMMV) See http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_States&product=iphone

Even if you directly caused the issue I don't think you'd be out of line to take it to Apple for repair/replacement under that program.

6. wpotere Guest

He can't use the replacement program since he opened the phone. They will check it and see that it was opened and will deny him a replacement.

What he needs to do is take it back apart and check all the connections.

7. sweettooth246 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

Not to dispute your claim, but to satisfy my curiosity - how exactly would an Apple technician know the owner had opened the phone if there's no damage to the screws or other signs of having opened it? i.e. what indicators exist that it had been opened? (I'm assuming here that the replacement screen in this instance is visually indistinguishable from the original, which may not be true)