Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cave1238

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Reactivated my 4s on Sprint network, after getting it setup I tried installing absinthe 2.0.4. It was almost completing the jailbreak then said something about idownload and aborted. Unplugged the phone from the usb port and there was the cydia icon on the phone but wouldn't open, I then went to settings and tried to reset all settings. Now the phone just sets at the spinning circle and won't turn off nor will itunes recognize it. Can someone help or am I SOL!

cave1238

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Reactivated my 4s on Sprint network, after getting it setup I tried installing absinthe 2.0.4. It was almost completing the jailbreak then said something about idownload and aborted. Unplugged the phone from the usb port and there was the cydia icon on the phone but wouldn't open, I then went to settings and tried to reset all settings. Now the phone just sets at the spinning circle and won't turn off nor will itunes recognize it. Can someone help or am I SOL!

Problem Solved!! Pressed the power and home buttons together and phone powered off, was then able to power back on, restore thru itunes and jailbroke with absinthe 2.0.1

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Problem Solved!! Pressed the power and home buttons together and phone powered off, was then able to power back on, restore thru itunes and jailbroke with absinthe 2.0.1

That's great!. Just make sure to make sure you know what you're doing next time so you don't get into trouble like this again.

cave1238

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
That's great!. Just make sure to make sure you know what you're doing next time so you don't get into trouble like this again.

Yea, apparently there was a problem with the absinthe 2.0.4 download

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.