Bricked iphone 5 after restore failture

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by BlackPearl1, Nov 11, 2014.

1. BlackPearl1 macrumors newbie

Hello, friends! Im sorry if the topic isn't in correct section. My problem is about bricked iphone 5, using iOS 8.1, jailbreaked it trying to unlock it, SIM Locked for TMobile (UK), the phone is using in Bulgaria, tried to explain that to operators of TMobile, but they didn't unlocked it. So after i successed with jailbreak using Cydia. When restoration of iphone began, connection was corrupted because of bad USB cable... Now it stucks on apple logo, line of progress wich always stays at 0%, when enter in recovery mode itunes don't detect the phone. This is my first iOS device. Thanks very much in advance.

2. BlackPearl1 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

4. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

My 6 Plus did something similar. I then remembered I hadn't updated to iTunes 11.4 which fixed it. Check and make sure you are running iTunes 11.4 or 12.0 first, then try with another cable.

I find the best way to get out of the loading screen is to plug the phone in, then press and hold the power and lock buttons until the screen goes dark. Once it does, put the iPhone into DFU mode and iTunes should pop up with "iTunes has found an iPhone in Recovery mode" blah blah blah.

From there just restore. Good luck!

5. BlackPearl1, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014

BlackPearl1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello, friends. Thanks for all your replies, trying to help me. I bought new USB Cable, and got error trying to restore it via itunes last version.

There is no SIM card installed in the iPhone you are attempting to activate.
    Please disconnect and insert a SIM card in the iPhone.

How can i fix it? If i put my SIM it says that is not supported (phone is still locked).

*Phone is fixed. After downloading the firmware i restarted the phone restoration began auto. Thanks for all replies, now i have problem with registering SIM, i will open new topic.