Bricked Ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by imochi, Mar 22, 2008.

1. imochi macrumors newbie

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum and I'd like to ask everyone. Does jailbreaking really not affect internal hardware?

Just recently my ipod touch had a very weird error. The screen flickered and then the colors all turn white. My screen was a solid white and the touch screen and home button was unresponsive. I pressed the power and home button and the ipod turned off and then never turned on again. I plugged it into my laptop and in the wall plug with no response. Later the next day.. I showed it to apples tech support team and they took it and luckily replaced it for free at no cost. They called it an error in the hardware and they didn't know about my jailbroken applications. Does anyone know what happened and if jailbreaking actually harms the internal hardware?

Note- Prior to the "crash" I had been running a working jailbroken ipod touch with 1.1.1 firmware. I also had a lot of applications downloaded and was running summerboard, customize, and the status bar modifier. I don't know what happened and would be greatly appreciative if someone found out what happened.

2. frank781 macrumors member

frank781

Unbrick ipod touch

I'm not sure why you are having these errors, but you can restore the iPod Touch in the following manner:

Leave the iPod connected to the computer and then Press both the "Home" button and the top button simultaneously until the Touch resets. As the Touch resets. press again the Home button only. the apple logo should disappear and a photo of the connector should reappear in the screen. This indicates that the iPod will be restored.

This will help if iTunes doesn't recognize the ipod and will force it to restore.

Hope this helps

3. imochi thread starter macrumors newbie