Bricked Jailbroken iPhone 4 stuck in recovery mode loop

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by redlambert, Jan 16, 2012.

1. redlambert macrumors newbie

Alright.

So I had a jailbroken iPhone 4 (tethered jailbreak with redsnow, then untethered by downloading Corona from cydia) and everything was working absolutely fine until I went on cydia to download an application called "SwitcherPlus". It used to be a free application on there made by the same people as biteSMS, but when I went on it, it wasn't there anymore. However, since I have the insanelyi repo on my phone from back when I was BAD and didn't support developers, there WAS still a switcherplus offered from that repo. I downloaded it, and once it was installed, it never got to the "back to cydia" button. So, I clicked the home button and exited cydia.

I was back on my homescreen, but my phone had frozen. This has happened to me before, so I just rebooted my phone.

Then it got stuck on the rebooting screen with the silver apple image. Frozen like that, no matter what I did.

After several tries to exit this (restoring resulted in itunes 1600 and 21 error codes, tinyumbrella and redsnow did nothing) I'm stuck in an infinite recovery mode loop, and I have no idea what to do.

I really need help.

2. breakingdecency macrumors newbie

jailbroken iphone 4 stuck in boot loop

I'm having the same problem. Were you ever able to figure out a fix?

3. someshmishra macrumors newbie

there is option on tinyumbrella fix recovery that may help you

4. m3ow macrumors newbie

same situation. was hoping there is a solution out there, but this post have been 5 months old.... dang... -.-

did not have tiny umbrella before crash... GG!

5. m3ow macrumors newbie