Bricked My Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by alberto85, Oct 15, 2007.

1. alberto85 macrumors newbie

Does anyone help me, plz? I tried to Jailbreak my Ipod and it fails. Now, my available memory is onle 300mb!!!! any solution?:(

2. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Can't help, except to try and stamp out this misconception that anytime something goes wrong with a device that it's "bricked".

It's not bricked. I presume that if you can see a reading somewhere that shows the available memory that the iPod at least turns on or is being read by your computer. This is not a "brick".

A "brick" is more like when your device is completely, 100 % dead, and will not respond or do anything beyond maybe flashing the sad iPod face at you before going dark.

3. decadentdave macrumors 6502

How can you "brick" a Touch? It's not an iphone. :confused:

4. onibakushinka macrumors newbie

search for restore or restoring a Ipod Touch i know several people on here have written the steps to restore it to its original condition, warning this will wipeout your ipod touch back to a factory setting.

sorry cant be of more help than that just dont remember the whole procedure step by step. just look for the one that makes it go into a restore mode that has to be attached to itunes.

5. alberto85 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for my ignorance because i'm a new ipod touch's user. I will try to restore it by itunes

thanx for all

6. Nohg macrumors member

7. 864646 macrumors regular

if u do want to restore ur ipod press the square and sleep button together till u see the itunes logo (connection thing)

then plug it into ur pc it should ask u to restore

8. alberto85 thread starter macrumors newbie

My problem was this, because when i was jailbreaking, all were OK and the last step that is with wifi and IP, my Connection fails. any solution?

thankx

9. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

*dies*

Come on people. You CANT brick a touch. Hold home and power for 25 seconds.

10. alberto85 thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried to restore because iTunes say to me " Unable enough memory to restore":S. I will try with a last step of jailbreak. I will comment you

11. cjddrum1 macrumors regular

Keep us updated

12. alberto85 thread starter macrumors newbie

13. Nohg macrumors member

In order to brick yo' Pod you need to complete the jailbreak process first :)!

During the guts of the process the iPot is unusable for normal iPot stuff. I failed my first JB, restored it and then got it 2nd time through.