Bricked my IPT, HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by PMB, Dec 15, 2007.

1. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

So i just had to completely restore my POS acer becouse of viruses, and now when i plug in my ipod i get the blue screen of death and the computer dies. and i cant get my ipod to go into restore mode, i've tried various combinations for an hour now and it wont go. its 1.1.2, but that shouldn't matter, and yes it is jailbroken, i haven't installed anything new on it in weeks, so that shouldn't matter.

anyone have any ideas of what i should do?

and please leave out the "well its becouse you have windows"
    you have no idea how badly i want a mac, and i would have one, if i could afford it.

2. PMB thread starter macrumors 65816

PMB

One more thing, if i do manage to get it to connect with itunes, it says something about no disc....

now all i get is a "device not recognized" diologe box on any computer i try it on.....

now, after i tried removing all the apps, it just hangs on the passcode part.... and wont go to the springboard

now im 100% shure its bricked, its ben going aroung in the circle, like you just installed an app, but it never ends, and i cant dtop it, or get it into restore mode.

3. PapZ macrumors newbie

When jailbreaking my first ipod touch (1.1.1), I scared the hell out of me playing with SSH opening with iNdipendence (I was an «early jailbreaker»), because my device stopped working and did nothing but the apple logo stands still even for hours.
    So, I succesfully tried this procedure:

1 - Connect your iPod to the computer;
    2 - start pressing and keep pressed both sleep and home buttons;
    3 - after 10-15 seconds release the SLEEP button, but CONTINUE TO KEEP PRESSED the home one, for at least other 10 seconds;
    4 - release it;
    5 - if iTunes hasn't start at this time, launch it manually: it should recognize an iPod ready to restore. If so, let it do the restore, and (hopefully) voilà, le jeux son fait.

I don't know if this could be useful to you, but that's all I can do for you, and I'm pleased to do that.

Let me know if this helps.

4. PMB thread starter macrumors 65816

PMB

no, my computer does not recognize the ipod at all, in or not in restore mode.

5. PMB thread starter macrumors 65816

PMB

UPDATE: i managed to get it to connect to itunes, and restored (i can bring it to the apple guys for help now:p), but i cant get it to connect with my computer at all. im going to try re-installing itunes.

6. hecks macrumors regular

If the connection is intermittent, as it appears to be from your somewhat contradictory posts, then it's most likely a USB problem. Make sure you're connecting directly via USB 2, not via a hub, try all of your USB ports, etc.

7. PMB thread starter macrumors 65816

PMB

Yes, I have tried all the ports and if you just keep trying it works eventually but I think the problem is on the side of the computer now