Bricked my phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by komitsukai, Jun 7, 2011.

1. komitsukai macrumors newbie

I bricked my iPhone 4 and can't get iTunes to restore the device to 4.3.3. I keeps saying that my device isn't eligible for this version. Anyone have any suggestion on how I can get back to 4.3.3. I've no success all day. Thanks.

2. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

How did you brick your phone? If you told us that part maybe we can help you.

With the zero information you provided all I can say is make sure you have the latest iTunes.

3. komitsukai thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm didn't realize how little I had posted. The story is I updated to the 5.0 beta without realizing you had to go through the whole activation process again. I have and iPhone 4 have tried downgrading with iTunes 10.2.2, 10.3, and 10.5. My mac is running 10.6.7. Anything else helpful you might need let me know. Thanks.

4. r2fa3l macrumors regular

happened to me this morning. put it in DFU mode and hit restore

5. komitsukai thread starter macrumors newbie

I've put in DFU mode, which I assume is recovery mode and hit restore on itunes multiple times. Each time it say my device is not eligible for that build. I know it has been the correct build. I'm not sure why it's saying that though.

6. r2fa3l macrumors regular

try getting a dev to add ur phone to their account.

7. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Not sure if it will work, but you could try the steps in this article that shows you how to activate your iphone on iOS5 using some sort of backdoor.

The reason you can't downgrade is because your SHSH wasn't saved for 4.3.3, and iTunes thinks you are trying to downgrade to a previous version which isn't allowed. Next time, save the SHSH blobs with Tiny Umbrella

8. _Matt macrumors 6502

9. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Not sure if it will work, but you could try the steps in this article that shows you how to activate your iphone on iOS5 using some sort of backdoor.

Sorry for double posting, was accidental

10. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

Also try blocking apple update servers in your hosts file on your computer. Can't hurt to try.

11. Jest3r macrumors regular

12. Robbietaylor macrumors regular

Try using tiny umbrella to kick it out of recovery mode.