Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dakotafan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
While downgrading from 1.1.3 my phone suddenly went to the apple screen and then "wording" started to scroll and that's been the case for 40 minutes and I cannot get it back.

Any suggestions? I'm f@@ked

polishmacuser

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2007
Los Angeles
While downgrading from 1.1.3 my phone suddenly went to the apple screen and then "wording" started to scroll and that's been the case for 40 minutes and I cannot get it back.

Any suggestions? I'm f@@ked

did you try putting it in recovery mode and if its doing that while being downgraded leave it if not then hold the home and sleep wake button until the screen dissapears then let go of the sleep/wake button as soon as that happens

Dakotafan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
did you try putting it in recovery mode and if its doing that while being downgraded leave it if not then hold the home and sleep wake button until the screen dissapears then let go of the sleep/wake button as soon as that happens

itunes doesn't recognize it...and I've tried power/home button and that doesn't work...this is bad

polishmacuser

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2007
Los Angeles
I was using iBrickr and cannot give a pic..I think the firmware is shot

umm i dont know what to say ibrickr well is self explanatory and i used that program and almost bricked my phone the only thing i can say is plug it in and open ibricker and leave it for awhile maybe it will kick it out of it

Dakotafan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
umm i dont know what to say ibrickr well is self explanatory and i used that program and almost bricked my phone the only thing i can say is plug it in and open ibricker and leave it for awhile maybe it will kick it out of it

iBrickr can't find it

Dakotafan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
held on button and power for a good 30 seconds while plugged in and it seems to be restoring - wooh..now do i attempt to JB once again?!?!

polishmacuser

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2007
Los Angeles
idemocracy is used but so far it has nothing to do with firmware 1.1.3 but other than that its awesome :D plus look around maybe you can find one

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
All of this DRAMA and you simply didn't hold the buttons 'long enough' to enter DFU Mode?!

Thanks for sharing your harrowing experience with us. ;)

Dakotafan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
thanks polish.

and yeah I didn't realize you needed to hold them for 30 seconds!>!

but I'm a dope and thought this was shot

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.