Bricked S4 repair status

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MadGoat, Nov 7, 2018.

1. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

My watch is being shipped back today, with a status of “Couldn’t duplicate issue” and “no problem found”

Will I get back a working watch or a bricked watch?

2. Starship67 Suspended

Starship67

3. valenrandy macrumors regular

valenrandy

I was startled that my update stated the same information but I received it back today in working condition.

I'm just not sure why they would state the “Couldn’t duplicate issue” and “no problem found” as there certainly was an issue.

Sweeping it under the rug I suppose lol.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Strange, they likely use the diagnostic port to reset the watch for you and sent it back. But I’m not sure why they would tell you that ‘No problems found’ if it was bricked. Let us know what you find out.

5. Mikeeee macrumors 6502

Mikeeee

They probably are dealing with 99% hardware issues. I’m sure they have a drop down list of possible outcomes to categorize the results of inspections.

Since there is no hardware issue and they can obviously resolve the software problem, that was the only drop down outcome they could give it.

6. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

Be interesting to check the serial number when they return it to see if same device or replacement. I would assume the same device with a brick

7. Steve686 macrumors 68040

Steve686

Do the watches come back with 5.1.1?

It may be that Apple “zeros” out the watch with an origin flash(original Watch OS for the model) then upgrades to the current OS that the watch had working properly. Since they can update successfully, they reply that they could not duplicate “the bricking”. Kind of how you perceive Apple’s wording maybe....

8. techspin macrumors 6502a

You must have imagined the problem if Apple could not duplicate the issue. Stop being a troublemaker.