Bricked?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Mr_Brightside_@, May 1, 2008.

1. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

So I just plugged in the Touch, not my own which worked fine at 1.1.4, this one wasn't up to date, not sure which version it was at. Anyway, plugged it into iLiberty+ which seemed to freeze after it got part of the way, so I forced quit. Now, iTunes won't see it after saying iPod is in restoring mode, and on the screen I'm getting "BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0. Ideas?
    Sorry, found another thread, currently updating to 1.1.4, wasteland.
    EDIT- PMB- worked perfectly, thanks.

2. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

not bricked, its imposible to brick an ipt

Heres what to do hold both buttons untill it shuts off, then when the apple logo pops up, then let go of the top button and it should go into recovery mode, restore, and try agaim

3. Sparx macrumors newbie

4. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

hehe, ive just been around to long.

Glad i could help though!

so randomly off topic, but i just realized that MBP is the same 3 letters as my user name (initals), just aranged diffrently!

5. opivy1218 macrumors member

Still off topic, PMB, how are you running OS X on a non-mac computer. I know it's possible, but is it a hard process?

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

naw, pop in a disc, select a few packages, and off to the races! i use ubuntu 99% of the time, i just like OSX for its formfactor, and speed, i got sick of 5 minute boot times with winblows, and OSX boots in 10 sec.

if you have any more questions, i can help you, but my knowledge in that field is limited

http://www.insanelymac.com/ is all you need:D