Bridging a Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iceman575, Jun 1, 2009.

1. iceman575 macrumors newbie

Hey all, I need some help with my wireless set-up. I have:
    Airport Extreme (master network)
    Airport Express (slave)
    Time Capsule (slave)

Right now I have my XBox 360 hooked up to my Express through a wired connection (works fine). I have a Mac Mini hooked up to my Time Capsule through a wired connection (doesnt work at all). When I look at the settings, it isnt even an option to bridge the TC, so as it stands in its slave capacity I cannot use any of the three wired ethernet ports. Is it possible in its current network configuration to get the TC to recognize the Mac Mini I have connected through a wired connection?

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Are you trying to setup the time capsule to be an access point? Shut off the DNS on it and plug the Ethernet cable coming from your router into one of the main ports instead of the WAN (might be labeled as "Internet")

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

When you say (slave), do you mean that you setup a WDS network where the Extreme is the master station and the Express and TC are setup as remote stations?

Don't know if this helps, but:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2044

Edit: looks like the screenshots are for an older version of the Airport Utility, but the basic concept should be the same.

4. iceman575 thread starter macrumors newbie

Aristobrat, I get the feeling that your solution is going to be the thing that works, however when I switch my Extreme's settings to WDS Main, it gives me an error message saying that I have not set up any remote stations. So when I set up my Time Capsule's WDS settings as a remote station first and then change the settings on the Extreme, my Extreme disappears from Airport Utility upon reboot. I waited about 30 minutes for it to appear and it only did when I cancelled the WDS settings on my Time Capsule. Any thoughts? Is there a cite with screen captures for this procedure with the newer version of Airport Utility? I know I am entering the correct ID information for the respective stations but for some reason they are not talking. What am I missing?