Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Error Type -43

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
I have a collection of game consoles and other techy gadgets that I want to connect wirelessly to the internet via a bridge (WRT54GL) to my main access point (Airport Extreme, which is connected to my DSL modem). The WRT has already been re-flashed with DD-WRT. I just need to know the exact settings on both ends to make this happen. I'm sure someone here has done it with this exact setup, right? This stuff is a little too advanced for me.

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
Error Type -43 said:
I have a collection of game consoles and other techy gadgets that I want to connect wirelessly to the internet via a bridge (WRT54GL) to my main access point (Airport Extreme, which is connected to my DSL modem). The WRT has already been re-flashed with DD-WRT. I just need to know the exact settings on both ends to make this happen. I'm sure someone here has done it with this exact setup, right? This stuff is a little too advanced for me.

you connecting them up wirelessly or wired?

Error Type -43

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
sorry, I should've offered a better explanation.

The gaming consoles and etc will be wired to the WRT. From there, I want the WRT to bridge with the Aiport wirelessly and use its internet connection.

ShiggyMiyamoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Just outside Boston, MA.
I have a similar dilemma. I have an ASUS WL-520GU that used to act as the main router, but it's really unstable. Also worth noting: the ASUS is running DD-WRT v24 sp1.

I got my Airport Express back from my parents, and now I'd like to Client Bridge the AP Express with the ASUS (Airport Express = primary router).

I have it setup properly, and I'm able to get online just fine, but I'm having problems getting devices to connect via the Ethernet ports on the ASUS, namely my old iBook-acting-as-server running Gentoo Linux. For whatever reason I can't get it to grab a DHCP lease.

BTW, I have told the ASUS to join the Airport Express's network via Status ==> Wireless ==> Site Survey and Join.

Thanks in advance,
ShiggyMiyamoto

EDIT: I got it working mostly, just two ports don't want to work.... port 80 and port 411

Also, here's a sketch of my network setup:

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

taoness

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2009
Similar issue as well :\

I have a similar issue as well, running an Airport extreme as the main distribution router and (in hopes of) the Linksys wrt54g2 running dd-wrt23 providing access for my gaming consoles; primarily, my xbox360.

Previously, I had two wrt54g's running this setup, however I had to move them out of range, which is when i swapped the airport for the main rtr.

I found the linksys won't support WDS with the airport, due to compatibility issues and I am unable to get this appliances to communicate over a standard client-bridge setup :\. Most attempts have been with WEP encryption, but i'm thinking about trying it again without, to see if there is some type of conflict.

ShiggyMiyamoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Just outside Boston, MA.
I have a similar issue as well, running an Airport extreme as the main distribution router and (in hopes of) the Linksys wrt54g2 running dd-wrt23 providing access for my gaming consoles; primarily, my xbox360.

Previously, I had two wrt54g's running this setup, however I had to move them out of range, which is when i swapped the airport for the main rtr.

I found the linksys won't support WDS with the airport, due to compatibility issues and I am unable to get this appliances to communicate over a standard client-bridge setup :\. Most attempts have been with WEP encryption, but i'm thinking about trying it again without, to see if there is some type of conflict.

Yeah that really sucks. Since I started to setup such a setup, I decided to just use the ASUS in the diagram above as the main router again, and I have the Airport Express acting as a repeater (non WDS, just simply had it join the existing network) and I set a WPA2 Personal password. All is well and it works really well. (knock on wood)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.