Bridging from Mac to Xbox 360, college dorms

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cmaher92, Jan 23, 2013.

1. cmaher92 macrumors newbie

Well I've literally checked every forums i could think of except this one.

I have a macbook pro, and im trying to bridge my connection from my mac to my xbox, i know this is done at my school by people with windows havent found somebody with a mac do it yet.

I have watched tons of videos, and called it department, i will pay up to $20 to fix this issue

2. switon macrumors 6502a

RE: Internet Sharing and interfaces...

Hi cmaher92,

Caveat: I don't have an Xbox 360, so I can't answer any specific questions concerning the Xbox 360. And pardon my naiveté, but Internet Sharing is in general possible so unless the Xbox 360 has some very special or unique requirements, this should be readily possible. (I'm sure I must be missing something that is unique to the Xbox 360.)

Assuming the Xbox 360 has WiFi, then you can attach your MBP to the Internet via Ethernet and then share its Ethernet Internet connection with the Xbox 360 via WiFi.

If the Xbox 360 does not have WiFi, then you could connect your MBP to the Internet either by WiFi, or through the Firewire interface. You then share the MBP's Internet by ethernet cable to the Xbox 360.

Basically, I believe you can't share the MBP's Internet connection on the same interface (WiFi, ethernet, etc.), but you can share the Internet connection by employing two interfaces.

Good luck,
    Switon