iPhone 8(+) Bright pixel on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThatiPhoneKid, May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatiPhoneKid macrumors 6502a

hey guys,

I am returning my iPhone due to having gaps in the back glass, but I have just noticed in the corner of my display there is a really bright pixel or backlight leak, I have checked a family members iPhone and it doesn’t have this, do you think it would be worth telling apple about this?

Here are some images of it

https://imgur.com/a/EQGd9l5

2. ThatiPhoneKid, May 13, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2018

ThatiPhoneKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Look, I have had the phone for 6 months, I am sending it back due to the gaps but I am just inspecting the device now to see if there are any other faults in which they could repair, I would rather get them fixed now then have to pay when my phone is out of warranty, I know it’s been 6 months, I am starting to wish I never mentioned having it 6 months now

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Since you are going to send you phone in anyway, why are you have trouble deciding if you should mention it to Apple. I do not understand.

4. ThatiPhoneKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Does the corner of the screen look abnormal to you?

And tbh I never have even used the phone much, I got an iPhone X but didn’t like the size of it so I have an iPhone 8 regular size and that’s my daily driver, this has just kind of been sitting in a draw, I play games on it more than anything

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I did not look. The question is why you made a thread to help you decide if you should mention this to Apple when you are going to send it in anyway. I do not understand.

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.