Bright sunlike might as well wear a brick

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by camaroIOM, Apr 25, 2015.

1. camaroIOM macrumors 6502

Out at a soccer game today and could barley make out watch without shading the face. I guess expected this but kinda disappointing when quickly glancing at the time

2. jjlannoo Suspended

ask siri what time it is. lol yeah I know she doesn't talk

3. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

How does the screen look if you're wearing polarized sunglasses? Can the watch face be read?

4. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Change the color of the face. I had the same issue at a little league game today until I did that. And to be fare,my iPhone 6 has the same issues in direct sunlight....not just the watch. [​IMG]

5. Mac128guy macrumors member

Good info OP. Thanks.

As a huge Apple guy, I've been eyeing the Apple Watch carefully but not being able to see in bright sunlight is definitely an issue for me. Makes me appreciate my Pebble a bit more - never any sun readability problems, in fact it gets better in the sun because of the nature of its screen.

Of course, the Apple Watch is 1000x more powerful (and WAY cooler!), but actually being able to see the screen outside is pretty important on the list of important things!

6. BSben macrumors 6502a

Living in the UK, bright sunlight is a non issue really. Good to have different watches for different needs. The Apple Watch seems to be more and more what is right for me.

7. DavidsAlterEgo macrumors newbie

DavidsAlterEgo

I'm curious about this as well.