Brighter screen at bottom vs top

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KevinRightWing, Nov 23, 2015.

1. KevinRightWing macrumors regular

Every screen I have seen on the 6s and the 6s plus is brighter on the bottom vs the top. I just compared to my new 6s plus to two other people who have 6s's here in my office. What would be the reason for that mechanically? Does the light source come from the bottom or is the light supposed to be evenly distributed?

I am curious if other people see this. I notice it more in a dark room vs. a bright room. Could be my ocd too.

2. KevinRightWing thread starter macrumors regular

I want to go ahead and state that I am not trying to start a controversy or "bright-gate" or anything like that. Just posting what I observe. This is truly an amazing device but wondered if anyone else was seeing what I was.

3. 3568358 macrumors 6502

The light should be equally distributed. Maybe its just the wallpaper you have, if youre looking at the home screen.

4. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

My 6 has a shadowing effect at the top. It looked to me like they all have them to varying degrees. You can easily see it on a uniform white screen like an ereader app.

5. KevinRightWing thread starter macrumors regular

Glad to hear that someone else sees it too. I only see the differentiation on a white screen. But most internet pages, Twitter and Facebook have the white background unfortunately.

6. kagharaht macrumors 6502a

I have it. Very slight. It really is not that noticeable unless your looking for it and have the screen pure white/blank page. I also noticed my 6s plus isn't quite flat. I think the antenna bands are slightly elevated, which is now more pronounced since adding a ghost armor shield film on the back. Again, no biggie as a case or bumper helps alleviate that issue.

7. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

I think that's a design thing. I remember it mainly on my 5/5s. I don't see it on my 6/6s Plus.

8. rockitdog Suspended

I don't see the shadowing from top to bottom but I see a shadowing going down the left side of my screen, it's like a bluish line on the edge of my screen