Brightness Control with Wireless Keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zirkle2007, Jan 30, 2008.

1. zirkle2007 macrumors 6502

zirkle2007

Hey. I recently, as in over the weekend, picked up the new alum wireless keyboard. So far, I love it! Just on question though, when I have my MacBook Pro hooked up to a second monitor, I've discovered I can't control the brightness of the MBP with the keyboard. If I do it on the MBP itself, it works, but on the wireless keyboard I get nothing. Is it supposed to be like that? Just wondering if there is a setting somewhere. Thanks!

2. zirkle2007 thread starter macrumors 6502

zirkle2007

I messed around with this a bit and found out that if my menu bar is set to my external monitor, then the brightness control doesn't work for some reason. Guess I'll leave it on my MBP :rolleyes:

3. clockwrkz macrumors newbie

Yup, same thing here as well. Didn't look very hard for a work around though.

4. jmFightSpam macrumors regular

Yup. Menu bar has to be on the MBP LCD, not external. Weird. That seems to me to be a bug.

5. MacHead1961 macrumors newbie

Brightness control revisited

I just bought the 2009 Apple wireless keyboard and have it linked to my MacBook running Snow Leopard (10.6.3), and have the exact same issue. There must be some reason why when using a second monitor, the brightness controls don't work. The reason I posted this is because of the amount of time since this issue surfaced and now, and there still seems to be no resolution to the issue. I will report back if I find a solution.