Brightness control

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Goettel, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Goettel macrumors member

Hi all,

I have a MBP with an apple wireless keyboard. The keyboard has brightness keys on it but they have recently stopped working. It is strange as the keys on the MBP still work but the ones on the bluetooth keyboard, placed exactly in the same spot (the wireless KB and the Macbook pro's KB are exactly the same), don't. Any ideas?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The wireless keyboard doesn't have backlighting. Actually no external Apple keyboard has backlighting for that matter.

3. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I think OP meant to adjust the brightness of the computer's display.

I'd say reboot, and re-sync the keyboard.

4. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

5. Goettel thread starter macrumors member

Yes I was talking about the display brightness and yes a reboot solves the problem, for like 20 minutes or so, after that it stops working again. The batteries are fine and I tried re-pairing. Any keyboard or bluetooth prefs that I should delete?

6. Goettel thread starter macrumors member

I have just discovered that if I unplug my external display, the brightness control keys let me control my MBP's display brightness (not the external one wich is normal) but as soon as the display is connected, the bluetooth keyboard stops controling the MBP's screen. Is there a way to prevent this?