Brightness Dims - Auto Brightness Off

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by waxings, Sep 21, 2016.

1. waxings macrumors newbie

I have been having issues with screen brightness on my new iPhone 7 plus. If I go outside with auto brightness on and turn off this feature when the screen is at its brightest, everything looks good. Once I'm back inside the screen will dim slightly even when auto brightness is now turned off.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I would be happy if the screen would stay locked.

2. LondonCatFan macrumors newbie

Me too. Auto brightness is off on my phone, but it alternates between bright and dim on its own. I have an appointment Monday to get it checked out.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

As in the brightness indicator at that point will be at a different position than the one you left it at when you disabled auto-brightness?

4. LondonCatFan macrumors newbie

Can't speak for waxings, but my brightness indicator never moves from the brightest setting. It just dims and brightens on its own even though the brightness setting is pegged the whole time

5. waxings thread starter macrumors newbie

Same thing with me. The indicator stay in the same place. I will be looking at my phone and it will just get darker real fast. Very frustrating.

6. TurboPGT! Suspended

Well keep in mind the iPhone 7 has a different Auto-Brightness feature from previous iPhones...there are brightness levels that cannot be achieved with the slider, that are only activated by the Auto-Brightness feature.

Sounds like a software glitch that is keeping that new behavior ON when Auto-Brightness is disabled.

I would just turn Auto-Brightness ON in the meantime (or, you know, permanently, since that is a better UX), and wait for a software patch.

I wouldn't be wasting time with a Genius Bar appointment for that. It is not hardware related.

7. LondonCatFan macrumors newbie

I've been on the phone all day and it hasn't dimmed at all. It's stayed bright all day. Any chance it just goes away on its own with use? Have you noticed a difference today?

8. dan-K macrumors 6502

I have this too. I think it's a software issue.