Brightness doesn't work in windows 7 (Please Help!)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Slayergramp, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Slayergramp macrumors newbie

Installed windows 7, it's been working fine, and then I updated to the latest Nvidia Drivers, restarted, and now brightness won't work. The display is on, and the UI will show up when I press the brightness buttons, but the brightness doesn't change. Changing the brightness in the control panel doesn't work either.

15" Mid-2012 cMBP.

2. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

Did you download the latest BootCamp drivers and apply them.

I also had problems with Windows 8 brightness and turning off the "auto brightness" option fixed it.

Good luck ...

3. Slayergramp thread starter macrumors newbie

Where is auto brightness located? And yes, it's the latest bootcamp. Things worked fine until I upgraded the nvidia drivers.

4. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

5. Slayergramp thread starter macrumors newbie

Looked through that thread. I uninstalled all nvidia drivers, using control panel, and driver sweeper, reinstalled the latest nvidia drivers (310.90) and brightness works!

6. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

Glad you got brightness control working. Although that seems like a lot more work than just adding a single registry entry. :p

7. Slayergramp thread starter macrumors newbie

Trust me, it was. The first thing I tried was the key thing, but to my surprise, the line of code he said to add was already there! So then the next few posts said they did that, but they had to sweep there drivers first, so I sweeped my drivers, and ended up not even needing the last step because brightness worked anyways!

Thank you so much for that thread! It was a lifesaver!