Brightness full in MBP ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alebar14, Nov 20, 2007.

1. alebar14 macrumors regular

alebar14

Hi Guys,

Is it appropriate to keep the FULL brightness of the Macbook Pro screen all the time? What would it be in a long run ? Should I just keep it half the bar to preserve the color,saturation,etc quality of the screen ?

2. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

In the long run the backlighting will eventually gradually diminish, so keep it at a lighting level that suits your eyes.

With the new LED screens this is much less of an issue.

3. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

This really has nothing to do with longevity.. but HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU LOOK AT IT ON FULL BRIGHTNESS????? lol

It's like looking at the sun! These new monitors are sooo bright. I thought my CD 2.0 was bright as heck when I got it, but now the LED backlit 2.2 i have it like burning a hole in my brain! lol. I keep it at half brightness just to not go blind half the time :)

On a happier note. I wouldn't worry about it. Like it has been said, it's not as much of an issue. Your monitor will be happy and bright and colorful for years to come, probably easily longer then you or the next owner have it :)

edit: I see you have a CD 2.0. Either way, my question still stands lol. I think I used that on full brightness maybe.. 2-3 times the whole time I had it. SO BRIGHT! :)