brightness hot key app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by squeeks, Aug 16, 2007.

1. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

for my macbook pro, it has a button that will kill the keyboard light, then restore it when pressed again, i need a button, or an app with a hot key, that does the same thing for the LCD backlight, i often leave the machine on and that requires the lid being open, so i have to hold down the dim button until it goes out, then restore it the same way, so thats what im looking for any ideas?

2. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Would the screen saver work? You could set the screen saver to an active corner. Just a thought.

3. 66217 Guest

If you leave your Mac alone for some time it would automatically sleep the screen. But I haven't heard about something that makes what you want.

And face it, you are incredibly lazy:) it only takes 1.2 seconds to dim the screen completely.

4. CaptainCanuck macrumors member

System Preferences -> Energy Saver -> Sleep -> Put the Display to Sleep... -> Set for 1 Minute.

This way shuts the entire LCD off, not just the back light. It also allows for the brightness to go back to the level it was originally set at when you wake the computer.

5. sedricp macrumors newbie

Script? Automator?

You could possibly set up a script to do it for you, but I have no clue what the script would actually look like...

Or you could possibly make an Automator workflow, one for each function...

Just a thought, not sure if it would actually work or if you can access that setting through Automator...

6. hotel35 macrumors newbie