Brightness issue

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Geckoking, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Geckoking macrumors member

I turn my brightness all the way down, But some how the brightness seems to auto adjust and goes brighter even on the lowest setting.

Anyone have this issue also?

2. betabeta macrumors 6502a

I think it's a feature, I have the brightness all the way down seems to work OK, in brighter light the screen gets brighter, in dark it gets pretty dim.

Maybe it would work better if we could set our brightness preference in bright light and then in low light.

3. Fuchal macrumors 68020

The brightness setting is more of a "preference" or "range"... the ambient light sensor is always enabled adapting the brightness to the room's light. The setting nudges it in one direction or another.

4. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

That's working as expected. If you had the brightness all the way down and went outside in bright sunlight you wouldn't be able to read the display at all. It auto adjusts to try to keep the display as legible as possible in all lighting conditions.

5. tivoboy macrumors 68030

brightness

brightness is auto adjust all the time regardless, I think the setting really only sets some form of overall baseline based on some amount of ambient. Even if you put it at the top, it will still go UP based on ambient light.