Brightness level lower after closing Macbook Pro! HELP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stojko23, Nov 11, 2009.

1. stojko23 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,
    I just joined this site. I searched all of the internet for a solution to this problem but could not find an answer (although I am really bad at searching). I recently bought a 13" Macbook Pro from my University book store. It came with a snow leopard upgrade disc and I upgraded after a couple of weeks. I think that after that upgrade my screen goes dim. Let me explain. If I close my macbook or restart my macbook the whole brightness level is at a lower level. If I put the brightness to the max, it is barely brighter than the lowest setting normally. The only way I can temporarily fix this problem is to lower the brightness till the screen is black and then bring the brightness up. And this doesn't always work!! I have called apple and they told me to restart my computer a couple times and obviously that didn't work. They had me play around with the system preferences and that didn't work. Then they told me to reinstall the os. I really don't want to do that.
    Has anyone had this problem? Can someone please help?
    This is the first mac that I have and I love it, but this problem is the worst!
    Thanks in advance.

2. dan5.5 macrumors 6502

Have you upgraded to 10.6.2. It has fixed some screen issue for people.

3. stojko23 thread starter macrumors newbie

i just updated to 10.6.2 and the same thing is still happening!

Please help me!!!:(