Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MUBiomed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
If I set my brightness on the iPad all the way down with auto adjust turned off and subsequently go into the iBooks app the brightness goes back to full. This persists even after I close iBooks and go to the settings. The brightness "slider" still shows the lowest setting possible but the brightness is at max. A slight wiggle of the slider corrects the issue, but of course if I open iBooks again the problem re-occurs. Is anyone else experiencing this issue or is it simply a bug in the new iBooks update they just released? Thanks.

kdesign7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
earth, for now.
MUBiomed said:
If I set my brightness on the iPad all the way down with auto adjust turned off and subsequently go into the iBooks app the brightness goes back to full. This persists even after I close iBooks and go to the settings. The brightness "slider" still shows the lowest setting possible but the brightness is at max. A slight wiggle of the slider corrects the issue, but of course if I open iBooks again the problem re-occurs. Is anyone else experiencing this issue or is it simply a bug in the new iBooks update they just released? Thanks.

I haven't had this issue myself. But I have noticed that within the iPad os, when i turn the brightness all the way down and then when I got into iBooks and select the brightness features I'm able to lower the intensity even more so, but once i exit the ibooks app it readjusts back to what i have selected in the settings>brightness menu. I kinda wish i was able to turn the screen down as much as the ibooks allows throughout the whole environment. Makes it easier on the eyes when casually surfing in a dark room.

chris8535

macrumors member
May 10, 2010
I haven't had this issue myself. But I have noticed that within the iPad os, when i turn the brightness all the way down and then when I got into iBooks and select the brightness features I'm able to lower the intensity even more so, but once i exit the ibooks app it readjusts back to what i have selected in the settings>brightness menu. I kinda wish i was able to turn the screen down as much as the ibooks allows throughout the whole environment. Makes it easier on the eyes when casually surfing in a dark room.

The iBooks app doesn't actually dim the screen beyond the normal level, it simply greys out the pixels to make it appear dimmer. Hit the volume button to see, it's brighter than the whites on the page.

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
The iBooks app doesn't actually dim the screen beyond the normal level, it simply greys out the pixels to make it appear dimmer. Hit the volume button to see, it's brighter than the whites on the page.

Wish this could be applied globally. Safari is still too bright at night.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.