Brightness update

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MathijsDelva, Aug 12, 2010.

1. MathijsDelva macrumors regular

So, can somebody please keep us updated about the 21.5" iMac brightness update Apple just released (see page 2 rumours)? People say the screen is easily 20% brighter, but what i want to know, is if it fixes the brightness buzz! I would've tested this right away, but i'm waiting for my replacement!

Please, somebody ;-)

2. Thrilledge macrumors regular

Like I said in the other thread. I'm not sure what they did. But the screen is much much brighter now.

3. MathijsDelva thread starter macrumors regular

4. Anthony8720 macrumors regular

I can confirm. Performed the update and my screen is ~20-30% brighter now. Awesome!

5. Thrilledge macrumors regular

I had a good one anyway. No yellow, no buzz, and no noisy hard drive. This update just made my screen, much much brighter. Its Great!!

6. Spike88 macrumors 6502a

Thanks for pointing me to http://www.macrumors.com/2010/08/12/apple-releases-display-brightness-update-for-new-21-5-inch-imac/ and confirming it works on your 21.5" iMac.

If wondering, I have a new 2010 21.5" iMac as well and its brightness setting is currently at max (with NO buzzing sounds). Thought its calibration was slightly off. Glad to read this update works. I plan to apply this patch (fix) tomorrow.

thanks.

7. iCaleb macrumors 6502

No update for the 27 inch.....why would the 21 inch be different?

8. pt0016 macrumors regular

pt0016

Has made my 21.5" about 30% brighter, awesome =)

Didn't have whining issues before, and still don't, so yea, update!

9. MathijsDelva thread starter macrumors regular

Now you see how that some problems are being exaggerated. Everybody has the whining. On the contrary, so it seems. I for one had it, and i'm still waiting for some pleasant news concerning this update.

10. MathijsDelva thread starter macrumors regular

11. Spike88 macrumors 6502a

worked for me...

I applied the fix to my wife's new new mid-210 iMac 21.5" i3 3.2 GHz system. Before, its screen was good and NO sounds. After, the screen appears to be whiter - with NO sounds. If wondering, I turned its brightness down 2 notices (from before and after applying the patch). Thus, I'd say its a good fix - for my wife's new iMac.

"thumbs up" from me....

12. LAPTOPODO macrumors member

Does anyone fixed the Noise problem with this update?

I think the increase of brithtness can be a help for those who have problems with the glossy screen.

13. Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

I doubt many people kept an iMac if it had the dog whistle. Most would have sent them back for exchange, so there's not many people that would be able to test this for you.

14. Tigerman82 macrumors regular

I just received a new 21.5" i5 iMac and have made all the system updates available. Is this a separate update/patch that you just have to know about or is it possible that I have already installed it with the other Apple updates?

15. byron_hinson macrumors 6502

Mine buzz was the PSU faulty, especially if the buzz comes from the top left it is highly likely the same fault.