Brilliant... Dust or some other stuff under display glass.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Skylitfly, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Skylitfly macrumors 6502a

My otherwise perfectly working iPhone 6S+ somehow got some dust or crap stuck under the display glass. No idea how. Display glass feels completely solid and it doesn't creack or move to any direction.

Guess I'll have to do trip to my local Apple Store. Sigh.

2. cynics macrumors G3

Out of curiosity, do you use any type of case? Do you expose yourself to overly dusty environments like at work or something?

3. Moi Ici macrumors regular

You're also sadly missing your "y".
    Deffo return.

4. Skylitfly thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, and no. I don't use any case and most of the time I work in pretty dust free environments.

5. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

There is another thread on this. The causes to date are, if it wasn't there when you got the phone, but appears some weeks later it is some manufacturing defect in the lamination of the cover glass and screen, perhaps the adhesive or whatever keeps them together. It's not dust as there is no opening for any dust to get into. It is nothing the user is doing that causes this. So speculation on cases or dusty pockets, etc. are completely unfounded.

At least one person reports that Apple replaced their device when they took it in. It appears to have failed some screen uniformity test. So you may want to take yours' in if it bothers you.

6. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

Is it on the top left corner? If yes, see the other threads on this topic. Only option is to replace the phone with Apple.

In my experience, they'll gladly replace it but the issue will reoccur a few weeks later :)

7. jtwlbz macrumors 6502a

8. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Wait till you hit your mid to late 40's... Then you can have a freaking snow-globe in your display and not notice it. Problem solved!

C

9. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I'll be 60 in exactly one month and I'd notice it. Are you in your mid to late 40s? :)

10. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Yes. And progressive lens glasses for the first time this September. :(

C

11. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I've had them for years and about seven or eight eye surgeries. I'd still see dust, though. :D