Bring back Jump Zampoli!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dimwhit, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Anyone remember this game? Last release was around 2002. I reviewed it for an old shareware website, and man, I really miss it. The developers, Ramp Zamp, are long gone. Maybe they're still making software, who knows. But I REALLY wish it would come back for OSX. It would even make a great iPad game.

Curious to know, though, if anyone else remembers it.

2. Coleco macrumors member

Agreed

Jump Zampoli was one of the best Mac arcade games of it's era and would be and excellent iOS game. Wish it was OSx compatible.

3. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Anyone have a video of what this game looks like? I'm trying to find one but nothing that is a game is turning up :(

4. Dimwhit thread starter macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Nope. I haven't been able to find a trace of it online. I did a review of it way back. I'll have to look through my archives and see if I still have it. If so, I have screenshots.

The gameplay was simple, but it was beautifully done and very addictive.

5. Dimwhit thread starter macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

So I just spend a while googling, and I managed to find a download file that was still live for version 1.03 of JumpZampoli (I think 1.5 was the final version).

Now if I can just figure out how to play it in OSX...

6. Dimwhit thread starter macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

OK, so believe it or not, I just played JumpZampoli. I forgot I had an old PowerBook in my closet and a System 9 install disc. So I pulled out the machine, installed OS 9, and I did actually find my old archive discs that had the game on it. It was quite a blast to 10 years ago. I'm not sure how to get a video off it, but I did find these two screenshots from my old review.

Attached Files: