Bring back Motion Blur to Mission Control and Launchpad!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by strelok1911, Sep 28, 2011.

1. strelok1911 macrumors member

Remember the awesome motion blur effect from the October 2010 Lion demo? You know, switching between spaces and fullscreen apps?

You can have it back and as a bonus, it can be applied to Launchpad too!

To activate it simply open few windows (to be safe) and then go into Mission Control. While there, press Command + M.

Have fun!

Also works with Launchpad! Pretty much the same way, open Launchpad and press Command + M.

And while you're in Launchpad press Command + B for a cool little bonus! :p

2. thirdeyeopen666 macrumors 6502

thirdeyeopen666

Awesome. Any way to enable it permanently with a defaults command?

Huh... nevermind. Command+M turns it on permanently... thought I had to hold it down. Would love to have this when switching between spaces from a desktop rather than just from Mission Control.

3. Gemütlichkeit macrumors 65816

Gemütlichkeit

It's a cool effect but just like the genie effect, I'd rather go without it.

4. wikus macrumors 68000

wikus

Give me an option to ungroup windows in Mission Control and I'll think about switching back to Lion.

5. Gemütlichkeit macrumors 65816

Gemütlichkeit

Wow that's the only reason stopping you from using Lion?

6. wikus macrumors 68000

wikus

Yes. I multitask a lot and need to be able to switch between windows quickly and efficiently.

7. phyrexia macrumors 6502a

swipe down?

works alright for me, I'm adapting to it, just like I had to adapt to Mac OS when I switched.

8. phyrexia macrumors 6502a

Cmd B is neat but Cmd M doesn't do anything for me. What am I looking for here?

9. hipollito macrumors newbie

Just found out...that in Mission control if you have several windows of an app....you know they will be grouped. Well put your mouse cursor on top on one window, then press space bar and it gives you a big view of that window... Maybe you already knew but just saying...

10. Watabou, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011

Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Whoa! This is awesome! I'm getting black and white for launchpad! :D

The mission control blur is also very cool.

Thanks guys. This is why Macrumors and Apple are great!

11. yudilks macrumors regular

Does turning on motion blur cause the GUI to draw slower?

I notice that after turning on the motion blur, the GUI is drawing slower when activating the mission control...

Try using the keyboard shortcut to see it. The shortcut in my computer is CTRL + up button.

Without motion blur, my Mac is able to go to mission control and back (back to normal view) almost 4 times a seconds. But with motion blur activated, it drops to about 2 times a second... Do you guys experience this too?

BTW, definition of going to mission control and back is that from the moment you press the shortcut, until the whole animation stops moving.