Bring back Shuffle USB?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by godslabrat, Aug 24, 2007.

1. godslabrat macrumors 6502

I love Apple, but it seems like they live to confuse me. For every four things they do that convince me their artists/engineers/designers are brilliant, there's going to be one move they make that irritates me to no end.

One example of this would be dropping the USB connector from the 2G shuffle. While I love the clip design, I thought part of the appeal to the original shuffle was the ability to use it as a thumbdrive. Rather than need two key-sized components, just load your music and docs on the shuffle and be on your way. True, all the iPods offer the USB cable, but that's nowhere near as convenient.

But, for whatever reason, Apple dropped it. Would it be possible that they'd re-introduce it in the 3G shuffle, even if there isn't a 3G until next year?

2. JDN macrumors 6502a

Is it possible 'they' will cure cancer by next year? Or possible another (or maybe the first :rolleyes:) man/woman will walk on the moon? Or is it possible 'they' might just make a break through and discovery how to make cold fusion work? [/sarcasm]

3. ds252 macrumors regular

Well played.

4. reubs macrumors 68000

I'm not sure that's really fair. He's not referring to the "they" that everyone talks about when the phrase is, "They say it's going to rain." He was referring to a very specific "they", meaning Apple.

Back on topic, I think it's fair to hope that Apple will bring back the USB connector for a Shuffle. I would certainly pick one up then for the ease of transporting documents and also having small, flash-based iPod.

5. godslabrat thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks reubs. I don't really see what the big deal is... this whole board is based upon speculation and extrapolation. Seemed like a fair question. But then, I'm a newbie so I suppose a little hazing is in order. :cool:

That's exactly what I was thinking. I like the functionality of the G1 Shuffle, but prefer the form factor of the G2. It seems natural that at some point, Apple would create a best-of-both-worlds G3.

6. David G. macrumors 6502a

I bought a 512MB shuffle from the refurb store at the same time they were selling the 2G shuffles just because mine had a USB connector.