General Bring back the iOS 5 status bar

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by .Asa, Feb 23, 2013.

1. .Asa macrumors regular

Does anyone know of a cydia tweak to bring back the silver status bar with colored battery indicator to iOS 6? A google search lead me to status color, allowing iOS 6 status bars on iOS 5, but I want to do the opposite.

2. clockworkorange macrumors regular

Bring back the iOS 5 status bar

Just saw a cydia tweak called AntiTint that's supposed to remove the bar getting colored, I think it just changes it to the black bar though.

3. MacDevil7334 macrumors 6502a

MacDevil7334

I don't think there is anything out there to bring back the iOS 5 status bar (you'd run into trouble as there was never a blue LTE graphic made). But AntiTint does make all status bars black like on the iPad. While I do miss the old silver status bar, the black actually looks quite nice and gives everything a nice sense of uniformity. I definitely hated the tinted status bar introduced in iOS 6.

4. Kayan macrumors 6502

I like the new status bar. Guess that's just me.

5. Obliteration macrumors newbie

I hate it as well. I have looked for hours on ways to change it back. Still no luck. This post will be updated if I find something.

6. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

I actually popped this on reddit. Phoenixdev said its a hard tweak because of the images though I have no doubt it'll be ressurected.
    I'm on phone so cant post link but have a search in /r/jailbreak :)

7. BumpyFlatline, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013

BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I'm not a fan either. But ever since Adam Bell released Blackout I've been using that mainly because it looks so perfect with Zeohyr. Those 2 are meant to be used together. Otherwise the status bar is always changing and just doesn't look right with the thick black space between apps as you swipe with zephyr.

I have been using blackout for a long time so please forgive me, but I thought there were a couple tweaks to bring back the iOS5 status bar. For example AntiTint? I guess I misunderstood what these other status bar tweaks do.

8. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

He wants this:

Attached Files:

9. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Thanks for the pic. But I know what they want. My question was, I thought there were a couple tweaks in Cydia that did exactly what you posted? Is that not true? No big deal really. I was just thinking out loud in case a tweak already existed. Thanks for clarifying though!

10. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

iPad 3 was on iOS 5, so yes there was a blue LTE made.

11. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

iPad has always had a black status bar, so no blue icon.

12. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

has anyone figured out how to get the old statusbar back yet?