Bring my MBP with me on Holiday or not?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mac-Addict, May 28, 2007.

1. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Tommorrow I am going away to Spain with my family to Valencia, Spain. I am thinking of bringing my MBP with me but I am worried it will get broken or stolen. There will most likely be internet access at the hotel, Is it worth it?

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I would leave it behind... get away from the Mac, you're going to Spain. Plenty to do and see, enjoy the time with your family. It might be a long time before you return so make the most of it. You'll enjoy the Mac even more when you return and it's a bit of a headache carting it on and off planes and around the place.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Will it be insured? What's the hotel like? Do they have a safe you can put it in?

Basically if it's an expensive hotel you'll be fine, but ring up beforehand or confirm with the front desk. Otherwise the cleaning staff could take it, but if you put it in the safe or you've told the front desk you'll probably be fine.

4. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

5. Mac-Addict thread starter macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Ok I have decided to leave it behind but keep it on sleep so It can download all my podcasts while I am away :D I don't really think its worth the risk. Anyway thanks guys :D

6. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

The only reason I would see for taking it would be for downloading pictures off a camera and stuff. But it's probably easier to just buy a couple more memory cards anyways.

Leave it at home.

7. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Well, I woulda brought it. I was in Spain last summer and my friend had his iBook with him. We had a good deal of fun because of it. If you're going to be with your family for the whole time, you won't want it. Internet is good and all, and I doubt the cleaning staff would really take it... maybe set it to require passwords for login and stuff for safety... but don't sweat it, it's just a luxury...

8. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Surely it wouldn't download anything if it's asleep