Bring on the Turn Based Games!!!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Dorfdad, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Dorfdad macrumors 6502

Having spent $60.00 already buying games and a few other Apps. I noticed a HUGE hole in the Apps Game section.

Turn Based Games. The Iphone would be PERFECT for these games and some of them are the best things out there!

Example: Advanced Wars can easily be done on this GREAT GREAT game.. I know there is a Jailbrake game called Agile Force similiar but very bad animations.

Games like Final Fantasy can even be made for the Iphone. I have high hopes for the platform as a RPG console. Real Time Strategy would be pushing it but games like

Fire Emblem, Advanced Wars, Breath of Fire, Zedla types even would be HUGE games on the Iphone though none of the Nintendo Games would come obviously just games of this type could be great for us..

BRING on the Turn Based GAMES!!!!!

2. ohsnap macrumors regular

3. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

4. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

I'd love to see something more along the lines of Risk or Axis and Allies. That would be sweet on the iPhone.

5. Penguinwrangler macrumors regular

Totally agree, and I have to say I'm dissapointed these aren't already out there!

6. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

7. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

NO, i dont have enough time in my life for this to be protable.

8. Dorfdad thread starter macrumors 6502

Little ambitious no? But yeah Risk is a great one as well there are a ton of games which would be a GOOD fit for the Iphone and Portable gaming.

RTS would be to tough, but anything turn based hell im all for it. As long as it's not shovel war.. Hell anyone played PoxNora for MAC would LOVE that for the Iphone Fantasy Turn Based game..

IM sad but hopefully some people will read this or are already onboard with making these. Im sure they will come but the money is there this first week as we are all buying like crazy men/women..

9. Lint Labs macrumors newbie

Alpha Centauri please!

(but seriously, no Risk clones yet?)

10. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I don't know how ambitious it would be, Starcraft's min specs were not that high, and it was released 10 years ago.

Macintosh
    PowerMac or Compatible
    16 MB RAM
    System 7.6 or higher
    256 Color, 640x480 Display or Better
    Double-Speed CD-ROM
    (Quad Speed for Cinematics)

I would love Alpha Centauri and all of Sid Meier's stuff.

11. Dorfdad thread starter macrumors 6502

Spec wise no its not but the screen size and the # of units and controling would be tough is what I meant..

If they made a spin-off like you have 2/3 men or something or just made starcraft a turn based game sure! but Real Time would be hard I would think.. I would welcome it but it will not happen..

12. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

StarCraft ran in 800x600 resolution. I am certain you could scale down the units and graphics to run on the iPhone. It's an interesting idea but it requires Blizzard to wake up and make some interesting and innovative new ways to input commands...

13. CommanderData macrumors regular

I don't know if anyone else is currently making a turn based strategy game but I'm in the certified developer program and have plans for a turn based strategy title (maybe two) for this fall. I can't give away many details, but I think people will be pleased. I need to find someone to assist with better artwork eventually :)

14. Dorfdad thread starter macrumors 6502

Interesting :) Depending on what your looking for I actually might be able to help you out with backgrounds and stuff. Let me know..

15. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

I would love to see a Risk-based game. Was just thinking about that earlier.

16. noisebleed macrumors regular

17. MattGTO macrumors regular

MattGTO

How about some turn-based MMORPG's?

Or just MMORPG's in general?

18. noisebleed macrumors regular

http://www.wakfu.com

second sentence

search app aurora feint ( new and will update )

19. CommanderData macrumors regular

Dorfdad, I may just take you up on that offer! My big projects for the "day job" should be wrapping up in the next 3 weeks, then I will have free time for more in-depth iPhone development work. Even if several turn based games arrive before I'm done I will not be deterred :)

20. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

I think they need to make Lux for the iPhone and Touch.

It's a great game, based off Risk (but with tons of other maps and options), and Lux was originally made for the Mac. It also looks great.

21. UnoWild macrumors newbie

Fallen Sword

I love these types of games and often bookmark several so when I find myself bored or at a friends house (same thing) I log in.

I like Fallen Sword the best so far though.
    http://cluster.fallensword.com/?ref=83101

[​IMG]

22. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

It's possible....if the UI was modified to work with the touch based interface....

That game may be a tad too complex to translate for the iPhone.....

23. caitlin macrumors member

caitlin