Bringing an iMac on a Greyhound Bus

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by midnightriver, Aug 19, 2012.

1. midnightriver macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am not sure if this is in the right forum, but this is my first post here so yeah.

I'm planning on bringing an iMac to my mom as a birthday gift in the next couple of months. I thought this would be a lot better than a Mac Mini. Only problem is I am going to be having to take a Greyhound bus there. It is from New York to Pennsylvania so about ten hours. I really would rather bring the iMac with me instead of shipping it. But, I don't want it to get smashed up.

Anyone have any tips on how to package it? I was thinking of (obviously) leaving it in the box and putting it in another box full of bubble wrap. It is going to be my girlfriend and I going out there and we will just have one backpack on us besides the computer. Oh and it is going to be the 21.5".

Thanks.

2. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

is it going to be a stock machine? Depending on location and transportation, might just be easier to buy it from the Apple Store in PA.

3. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

It should fit in a big suitcase. I would place the box inside it, wrapped in clothes. It would be less conspicuous than a big box.

4. midnightriver thread starter macrumors newbie

Stock, yeah. She lives in the middle of nowhere and not even close to any stores that Apple.

5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Can you not order online and have it shipped there?

6. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Seems to me this would be a much better option.