Bringing back the Touch

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Nye, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Nye macrumors newbie

Nye

Hi guys, I'm from the UK and im going to NYC in late October 2007 and I was wondering - if I bought the iPod Touch 16GB from the Apple Retail and brought it back home, would:

• The iPod Touch work with my iMac?
    • Would the Wi-Fi work with my wireless network at home?
    • Would I be able to use the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store in the UK?

Thanks, I just don't want to buy one and realise that I can't surf the web/download music from the iTunes Wi-Fi store or even sync it to my iMac!!

:apple:

2. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

the only one i don't see working necessarily is the wireless iTunes downloads. like the iTS, that might be a country-specific feature and therefore not necessarily available in places other than the United States.

other than that, the touch should function like any other iPod (which satisfies the first concern) and any other device with Wi-Fi capabilities (which satisfies the second concern).

disclaimer: i cannot accurately attest to the validity of my statements (i imagine only Apple or someone who's actually done these things could). i'm only extrapolating based on my limited knowledge of the new device and it's technological contemporaries and predecessors.

3. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

The first two will work. Probably the third too.

The device is shipped worldwide. So it should work in your country.