Bringing Mac mini overseas.

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Spaghetti303, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Spaghetti303 macrumors newbie

Hello, I'm travelling to Brazil from Denver for 3 months on december 20th, I was wondering will i have any issues bringing my mac mini to and back from another country? I understand that computers have to have a charge and be ready to turn on for TSA if they ask but im sure as you all know I cant really do that with a mac mini. Any advice? I dont want to lose my mac coming back through customs.

2. aajeevlin macrumors 6502a

They will just x-ray your machine, or make you take it out and run a quick test on it. Last time I did that they made me take it out and ran test on it.

3. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

As the above poster states, you should be fine.

I'm guessing you already know, but just in case you don't, the outlets are different so buy an adapter. I had to do this when I went to Brazil as well. Have a fun time! It's a great country.

4. tibas92013, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015

tibas92013 macrumors 6502

Last June I purchased and brought via American Airlines a Refurbished MM and Apple Time Capsule from Dallas, TX to my home in Costa Rica. I put both of these items in my Carry-On Suitcase and had no problems. Both of these Apple Product items were in their sealed box(s) and had no problems passing it through the USA TSA Inspector's Scanner Machine and Customs Folks.

I did not declare these items on that little sheet that the Airlines give you before arriving at my Costa Rica destination, however, I did have my sales receipt readily available in case the Costa Rica Customs asked to see a receipt. Here in Costa Rica we can bring items that we bought in the USA up to $500.00 without having to pay any Customs Duties.