British Applecare on American Mac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mr Skills, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Mr Skills macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

I am getting a MacBook Air from America, and want to get Applecare for it. If I buy AppleCare in the UK will it work on the American computer?

I think I read somewhere that you can purchase AppleCare anywhere and it's the same, but I just want to check.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There is only one AppleCare, no matter where it's sold.

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Exactly. It applies wherever Apple is, worldwide.

Cheers

4. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Why are buying AppleCare in the UK ? It is much cheaper to buy from eBay.com as several members of this forum have done. The AppleCare box contains a code number which you use to register on-line.

It does not matter where you buy the AppleCare and you can buy it anytime up to the first anniversary of the purchase date.

5. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

My friend bought his MacBook from Germany and then Apple Care from US and didn't have a problem.

6. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The laptops are covered world-wide, the desktops and iPhones are not.

TEG

7. fussal macrumors newbie

The AppleCare Protection Plan is a uniquely integrated service and support solution that extends the complimentary coverage on your Mac to three years from the computer’s purchase date. This comprehensive plan includes expert telephone technical support, global repair coverage, onsite repairs for desktop computers1, web-based support resources, and powerful diagnostic tools — all for one economical price. We recommend that you purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan when you purchase your Apple system to take maximum advantage of the coverage the plan provides.

desktops are covered globally too

fussal

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

All Macs, including desktops and laptops, are covered world-wide by the APP.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Desktops are covered, but I can't image people traveling with a desktop unless you're a professional. And iPhones are only supported in countries where they are officially sold.