Broadcast Monitor to DVD?? Help??

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by nicholasandnick, May 18, 2011.

1. nicholasandnick macrumors newbie

Hi all

Just need some help on some connections to a dvd player.

I have just bought a broadcasting monitor and i need to hook it up to a DVD player, i have enclosed pictures of the back of the monitor and the DVD player. Can anyone please give me some advice on what leads and cables i need please.

Thank you very much

Nick

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. simsaladimbamba

Do you want to see the content of the DVD Player on the monitor, or do you want to burn the content you see on the monitor onto DVD?
    For the second option we always go vie the Component Blue (B/B-Y) signal, as it includes a Composite signal into the DVD player's Composite input.

If you want the second option, get a Male-Composite to Male-BNC cable and try the Line A or B Video In, it should include Composite.

Doesn't the DVD player have Component outputs?

3. nicholasandnick thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes i want to see the content from the dvd player on the monitor.

The dvd has 3 audio output ports (white/red/orange) and one video port (yellow), plus a scart lead port.

any ideas..

thank you for the reply.

4. simsaladimbamba

An orange RCA port is normally a digital audio out.
    Maybe you should look into getting an external receiver to connect the audio part to, as the broadcast monitor has abysmal audio.
    The yellow RCA port is Composite.
    The rest I provided in my first post.

Don't you have manual for the monitor?

5. mstrze macrumors 68000

You should be able to use a typical RCA cable with a BNC/RCA adapter on one end and hook up the video out on the DVD to the Video in on the monitor.

This adaptor would work:

http://www.google.com/products/cata...Utwf7ncCPCg&ved=0CEAQ8wIwAg&biw=1226&bih=840#

Available at any local electronics store like Radio Shack in the US.

Get an RCA 'Y' adaptor to combine the audio from your two (L-R) outputs into the audio in on the monitor or just connect either R or L, but be aware that you won't hear the sound from one of the channels which may or may not be an issue depending on the source material.

The orange RCA will not work as it is digital output and your monitor will only take analog from what I can tell.