Broadwell/Maxwell Macbook Pro WWDC 14 likelyhood

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by docbot, Jan 21, 2014.

1. docbot macrumors newbie

What is the likelyhood of the Macbook Pro getting updated to Broadwell and possibly Nividias Maxwell at WWDC 14, based on Intels and Nvidias rollout roadmap?

I don't care if they redesign the enclosure, but I just bought a new Macbook Pro and thinking about selling it close before WWDC and than just upgrade to the the new one.

Thanks a lot!

2. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

What is it so special about it ? that you will want to upgrade so soon in just months of your purchase ?

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd say possible but slim. It all depends on when Intel releases the chipset in quantity, and then its when apple decides to update its line. If you recall in 2013, they could have done this, but opted only to update the MBA and the MBP had to wait until the fall.

4. zI INFINITY Iz macrumors regular

I'm probably going to sell before the next major update as well, though I really don't expect that to be at WWDC 14. What I think/expect: The MacBook Air will probably see a refresh, possibly the first broadwell device, but the rMBP's with broadwell will come in October earliest.

All in all I wouldn't sell before WWDC 14, you might end up without laptop for months (the same happened with other people around here last year when waiting for Haswell)

Keep an close eye on new rumors :)