Broadwell vs Skylate CPU

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JgrMike, Aug 22, 2014.

1. JgrMike macrumors newbie

Hi,

I just stumbled across an article referring to some leaks of the Skylate CPU and that it may be ready in 2015.

So here's my question:

If Intel decides to release the Skylate CPU in the same year (being 2015) than the Broadwell CPU and assuming Apple would be able to get both of them which CPU would they use to update their rMBP in 2015?

Sorry if the question seemed somewhat long but I was not able to reduce it. :rolleyes:

Also, please do not bombard me with all IT figures as I am no expert in the structure behind CPU's. I'm simply interested in the question above, if there will be any sort of potential conflict.

Article: http://www.extremetech.com/computin...rybody-asks-is-the-chip-coming-in-2015-or-not

Cheers

2. MTL18 macrumors regular

From a business standpoint, I couldn't imagine why Intel would do that. Intel doesn't really have any competition, so why would they create their own competition with broadwell and skylake?

I would expect that broadwell's delay until 2015 would mean no skylake until 2016. At this point, no one knows, just guesses.

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I think your typo of Skylake pretty much is going to describe the situation.
    Additionally, if they do release in 2015, it might only be chips for mobile devices, like they're doing for Broadwell later this year.

4. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I can't see Skylake going live in 2015 when Broadwell hits the streets in 2015. Makes absolutely no business sense to me.

6. vish26 macrumors regular

Can someone also find out or do a Currrent Haswell v/s Broadwell comparison ??

7. iKrivetko macrumors 6502a

Intel can.

8. ooans macrumors 6502

In a nutshell I guess the biggest changes will be: even more battery life and a more powerul GPU.