Broardwell Macbook Pro Q2 Refresh?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tri-stan, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Tri-stan, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013

Tri-stan macrumors 6502

Should I buy Haswell now in early January or wait for Broardwell in early Spring or if not Autumn?

I have no idea what time these things are likely to be released this year but an igup boost and better battery life is worth waiting for me. No desperate need to switch to Mac quite yet!

On a serious note I don't want to buy a new macbook if a better igpu model is only just around the corner.

If anybody knows Apple's likely refresh cycle? would they follow with Broardwell only 6 months after releasing Haswell?

2. jondunford macrumors 6502

jondunford

bearing in mind how long they took after haswell to release the current mbps, the broadwells are probably about a year away

3. Tri-stan thread starter macrumors 6502

I am actuary thinking of going down to John Lewis today here in the UK as I have use of a store discount card which give 12% off. Thinking about pushing the button right about now.

I have also noticed that the new 15 inch Haswell MBP seems to have more tilt to the display which is good.

4. orangezorki macrumors 6502a

I'd go for it now, especially as the 12% discount you can get is at least as good as even the full higher education discount, although it won't include a 3 year warranty, or allow for BTO.

Broadwell has already been delayed, and we don't know how long it will be until it is really available. Also, Apple like to keep a model available for quite some time until they update. My guess is that there might be a mild update in the spring, but most likely you could wait until next November without any update at all.

I would have a good look around various shops though, as while Apple don't really do discounts, their products might get caught up in some January sales deals that are worth it to you...

David

5. zeropuntouno macrumors newbie

Usually in Q1 of new year macbook receive a minor upgrade.
    (Nobody wants to buy in 2014 a 2013 laptop anymore, it's marketing by the way... :cool:).

In my opinion they'll upgrade a bit the Mhz of CPU (because is bit less fast than previous genereation) and they'll change the size of SSD that now start from 128 GB.

Attention even to Broadwell, new cpu (30% faster than Haswell) that will be announced on new macbook air.

In any case, I'm waiting to buy... (13, i5 faster as possible, 8GB ram and 500Gb SSD my choice)