Brodit/ProClip mount for Iphone 3G and Griffin PowerJolt

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dipdog, Mar 17, 2009.

1. dipdog macrumors newbie

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Brodit/ProClip mount for Iphone 3G with pass-through connector for Griffin PowerJolt cable. I just ordered one, model #915255, and tried the phone in the mount before actually attaching it to the dash. Mine is very, very tight; too tight in my opinion. I'm pretty sure I'd have to use both hands to insert and remove it from the mount, once attached to the dash. I wrote ProClip, and they confirmed this. They said that it is much tighter than their other models, and that you'd have to use two hands, in order to prevent stress on the mount and/or dash. The big thing I was looking for was convenience, so I feel like this kind of defeats the purpose for me. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, or if mine could possibly be some sort of defect?

By the way, I am using a 3G, without any covers or skins or other accessories.

2. iboost79 macrumors member

I'm using the ProClip for my Garmin NUVI and it's fantastic. It's a little bit too LOOSE in my opinion. So, maybe each unit isn't made with the exact specs? I'm not sure if this helps. I have a hard-wired connection from an aftermarket stereo to my iPhone 3G which is the best setup possible for a car.

3. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

I have exactly the same setup you have, (proclip with passthru and powerjolt) and I found it fairly tight to start off with, after a while it has started to loosen, now I have method of removing my iPhone from the proclip, I use my thumb and index finger, my thumb goes at the bottom of the phone and index finger at the top of the 'clip, I then push up with my thumb and down with my index finger at the same time, not too hard though! It works everytime for me.