Broke Down and Bought an iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by e²Studios, Apr 8, 2010.

1. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I was at Best Buy on my lunch break, played with and iPad and realized just how nice the device really is. Speed wise I could only wish my 3G was this fast!

I was pretty hesitant because I really was not comfortable with the $499 price tag, however after enquiring at the customer service desk I had $260 in Best Buy Reward credit. I just bought a new home, so I had spent a small fortune buying washer, dryer, TV, and other items from Best Buy. I had totally forgot about the credit!

I caved in when I realized for $239.99 I could have the iPad 16GB that was sitting in front of me. I had wanted a Kindle, but I figured for roughly the same price as the Kindle I now have a e-reader as well as a media device.

Now is just the waiting game till its time to go home and sync the device with iTunes on my PC. Hopefully the initial sync is smooth and my iPhone apps carry over.

A few quick questions, is mailing yourself a PDF/document the only way to get the document on the device? How does it work with doc/docx?

2. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

:( Glad to hear you were okay. Breaking down is not fun. Hope there were a few boxes of Kleenexes nearby.

3. AppleLover9o macrumors regular

Looks like you need to "break down" again :cool:

4. francisq macrumors member

you can use goodreader to transfer PDFs and other files from your mac to your iPad

5. JohnRN macrumors member

JohnRN

Mobile Me thru iDisk, not sure if you can access it thru the Safari download page that MobileMe has. Havn't tried it that way yet. :) I too "broke down" and got one. I just love this thing, but the fingerprints, YIKES!!!

6. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Congrats. You won't want to use iPhone apps after you see the beauty of iPad apps.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

8. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

I'm sure you won't be disappointed. You made the right choice today. :cool:

9. doug in albq Suspended

doug in albq

funniest 1-liner I have read here in ages! :D:D:D

10. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

11. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Good luck maintaining your budget once you open the App Store.

12. linsam macrumors 6502

linsam

13. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

$260 in reward zone coupons eh? Must be doing some serious shopping at best buy.

14. gillybean macrumors 6502a

I had only intended to spend <$30 at the App store but somehow I've already spent over $60 buying a bunch of stuff at 99 cents and $2.99 that look fun but which I probably don't really need. :confused:

15. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

That's what I thought. Washer/Dryer, etc. though explains it fairly well. I love BB Rewardzone but ever since I started my Amazon Prime membership, I have been shopping pretty much off their exclusively for media. Most games I buy offer a $20 off credit for next game purchase. Works well!