Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
I was at Best Buy on my lunch break, played with and iPad and realized just how nice the device really is. Speed wise I could only wish my 3G was this fast!

I was pretty hesitant because I really was not comfortable with the $499 price tag, however after enquiring at the customer service desk I had $260 in Best Buy Reward credit. I just bought a new home, so I had spent a small fortune buying washer, dryer, TV, and other items from Best Buy. I had totally forgot about the credit!

I caved in when I realized for $239.99 I could have the iPad 16GB that was sitting in front of me. I had wanted a Kindle, but I figured for roughly the same price as the Kindle I now have a e-reader as well as a media device.

Now is just the waiting game till its time to go home and sync the device with iTunes on my PC. Hopefully the initial sync is smooth and my iPhone apps carry over.

A few quick questions, is mailing yourself a PDF/document the only way to get the document on the device? How does it work with doc/docx?

francisq

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2010
you can use goodreader to transfer PDFs and other files from your mac to your iPad

JohnRN

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Mobile Me thru iDisk, not sure if you can access it thru the Safari download page that MobileMe has. Havn't tried it that way yet. :) I too "broke down" and got one. I just love this thing, but the fingerprints, YIKES!!!

wingnut8

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
$260 in reward zone coupons eh? Must be doing some serious shopping at best buy.

gillybean

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2008
Seattle, WA
Good luck maintaining your budget once you open the App Store.

I had only intended to spend <$30 at the App store but somehow I've already spent over $60 buying a bunch of stuff at 99 cents and $2.99 that look fun but which I probably don't really need. :confused:

Matthew9559

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2007
Cleveland, OH
$260 in reward zone coupons eh? Must be doing some serious shopping at best buy.

That's what I thought. Washer/Dryer, etc. though explains it fairly well. I love BB Rewardzone but ever since I started my Amazon Prime membership, I have been shopping pretty much off their exclusively for media. Most games I buy offer a $20 off credit for next game purchase. Works well!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.