Broke iPhone, can I remove plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by N2B8, Aug 26, 2009.

1. N2B8 macrumors newbie

So i set up my brother-in-law with an iphone and plan for his birthday and low and behold, he broke it. After that incident I wasn't about to replace it so I went out and got him an att go phone and stuck his sim card in it. I'm still paying for an iphone plan, is there any way i can get att to take the iphone package off?

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

Yes. If you call and have the GoPhone nearby (they'll ask for some numbers off of it), they will let you drop the data plan.

3. N2B8 thread starter macrumors newbie

good deal, so one more question, the screen is smashed and i've been researching about replacement, i've held onto the iphone just in case i can replace it (i was gonna ebay it for parts) if by chance i manage to get it fixed and by some miracle it still works, can i give it to my wife and have them add the iphone package to her line? (there is no way i'm giving it back to the bro in law)

4. richdog1414 macrumors newbie

Yes you can add it to her line. You just have to go into a store or call in and have it added on her number.

5. N2B8 thread starter macrumors newbie

awesome, thanks for the quick responses guys.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Can't you also get it replaced for $199 at the Apple Store? Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law's loss....:eek: